We all knew that Papa was pretty shrewd and could always find the best way to get things done. Even though that could be a trait that might become annoying to a wife, this is one of the times it paid off for him.
I made that tool for him in 1947 while I was in Ford Trade School. He designed what he wanted and I was able to make it for him in three days. It took a whole day to get it heat treated. He used it to make his job easier and with more quality. After using it for quite a while others found out about it. He reluctantly alowed some others to borrow it. He submitted a suggestion for this improvement but the bureuocracy was working well and ignored him. At one point he put his tool into his pocket and would not use it or let anyone else use it. Ford supervision soon came around to get the tool. It did not take long for the suggestion to be approved after that. The newspaper article sounds like everything went smooth from begining to end.
Where in the world did you come up with the actual newspaper article? I remembered that I had heard about his comment of what he was going to do with the money, but I never saw the article itself. I hope you don't get rid of too much stuff for your move.
3 comments:
I fixed the alignment on this one. I can't believe they listed his address. I don't think they would do that today.
I made that tool for him in 1947 while I was in Ford Trade School. He designed what he wanted and I was able to make it for him in three days. It took a whole day to get it heat treated. He used it to make his job easier and with more quality. After using it for quite a while others found out about it. He reluctantly alowed some others to borrow it. He submitted a suggestion for this improvement but the bureuocracy was working well and ignored him. At one point he put his tool into his pocket and would not use it or let anyone else use it. Ford supervision soon came around to get the tool. It did not take long for the suggestion to be approved after that. The newspaper article sounds like everything went smooth from begining to end.
Where in the world did you come up with the actual newspaper article? I remembered that I had heard about his comment of what he was going to do with the money, but I never saw the article itself. I hope you don't get rid of too much stuff for your move.
Post a Comment